CITY COUNCIL, PLACE 2
CITY COUNCIL, PLACE 4
SHALL SANDRA LEE, COUNCIL PERSON PLACE 3, BE RECALLED AND REMOVED FROM OFFICE? YES / NO
SHALL JAN JOPLIN, COUNCIL PERSON PLACE 5, BE RECALLED AND REMOVED FROM OFFICE? YES / NO
Tarrant County Elections also has information about voter registration, voter ID requirements, early voting, and finding your local polling place.
Election Night Results
Tarrant County Early Voting Schedule, Location, and Maps
View 2018 Election Dates (Secretary of State)
Saturday, May 5,
Mayor and Council Places 2 & 4 and Two Propositions
Voting Times at the Kennedale Public Library Community Center (316 W 3rd St.)
| Monday, April 23 – Friday, April 27,
||8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday, April 28, 2018||7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
|Sunday, April 29, 2018||11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
| Monday, April 30 – Tuesday, May 1,
||7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
| ELECTION DAY: Saturday, May 5,
||7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
As a home rule city, Kennedale enjoys the full power of local self-government (Local Government Code, §51.072). The governmental structure and division of power are established in the city's charter, which was written in 1997 and adopted by election on January 17, 1998. It has been amended once (in May 2016).
The City Manager (appointed by Council) executes the laws and serves as head of staff. The Mayor keeps a close watch on governmental actions and makes recommendations to councilmembers and the City Manager that aim to meet the needs of all Kennedale residents.
- Council Places 1, 3, and 5 are elected in May of odd-numbered years.
- The Mayor and Council
2 and 4 are elected in May of even-numbered years. Places
- The city of Kennedale contracts with Tarrant County for election services.
- Your local polling place is the Community Center inside the Kennedale Public Library (located at 316 W 3rd Street).
The full candidate packet for
All mandatory filings (see associated document list on this page) must be filed in the City Secretary’s office (405 Municipal Drive). There is no filing fee. The loyalty oath must be notarized prior to submission. By having your application notarized, you are swearing that all information provided is truthful. After submission, the content of each application will be carefully reviewed to ensure compliance with Election Code requirements. Please file your application as soon as possible to allow sufficient time for this review, and corrections, if necessary.
Kennedale Public Library
316 W 3rd Street
Kennedale, TX 76060
Leslie Galloway, City Secretary
Kennedale contracts with Tarrant County for election services.
Secretary of State
Texas Ethics Commission
- When is the next municipal election?
- What are the qualifications for City Council?
- How long are councilmember terms of office?
- What are the time commitments of being a councilmember?
- What are the duties and powers of a councilmember?
- What are the duties and powers of the Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem?
- What is the official Oath of Office?