Liquid Waste Generation and Transportation

In accordance with Kennedale City Code (Chapter 23, Article IV), the Building Inspection and Public Works departments regulate the installation, maintenance, and the transportation of liquid wastes generated by:
  • grease interceptors*
  • sand/oil/grit interceptors
  • septic tanks
  • chemical toilets*
*Prior to the installation or modification of an interceptor system or chemical toilet, please contact Development Services for information regarding required permits and plan reviews.

Obtaining a Liquid Waste Hauling Permit

In order to service the items listed above within the City of Kennedale, you must obtain a Non-Hazardous Liquid Waste Transportation Permit for each truck in your fleet that will haul liquid waste within the City of Kennedale. Permits are valid until the last day of the fiscal year in which they are issued (September 30th), and must be renewed before they expire. The City of Kennedale issues renewal reminder letters, but you are ultimately responsible for ensuring your truck(s) have a valid permit.

    Inspections are conducted Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., by appointment only. Call 817-682-1510 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to schedule an inspection appointment. Please be sure to tell us how many vehicles you need to have inspected.

    The non-refundable inspection fee of $50 per truck can be paid with cash, check, money order, or credit card (Visa or MasterCard only) at the Utility Billing window located in City Hall at 405 Municipal Drive. (We are NOT able to accept payment at the Public Works Service Center.) You will be given a receipt, which must be presented at your inspection appointment (see below).

    Inspections are conducted at the Public Works Service Center (150 N Little School Rd:
    The following documentation must be presented before your inspection begins:
If you have any questions about the permitting process or requirements, please call Public Works at 817-985-2170.
Liquid Waste Hauler
Trip Ticket Books
Once you receive a permit, you must purchase trip ticket books at the Utility Billing window located in City Hall (405 Municipal Drive).

A book of 10 (ten) tickets is $20, and you will be allowed to purchase 2 (two) books for each truck that is currently permitted. You will not be able to purchase an additional trip ticket book until you 'complete" a book by returning all of its tickets to us.

All completed trip tickets must be returned to our office by the 10th day of the month following the date of completion. (For example, all trip tickets completed during the month of October will need to be returned to us by the 10th of November.)

Trip tickets can be mailed or delivered to City Hall:
City of Kennedale 
% Public Works
405 Municipal Drive 
Kennedale TX 76060