- City Council
- 7:00 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month
Sometimes it is necessary to move a Regular meeting date. Please always check the calendar for the latest information.
- City Hall Council Chambers (405 Municipal Drive)
- View the list of upcoming meetings
- Videos of Recent Meetings
- Agendas, Packets, and Minutes
- The Mayor and Council are elected officials
* Special Sessions will be scheduled as needed. Sometimes it is necessary to adjust the Regular Meeting schedule. Please always check the calendar for the most current information.
The City Council consists of six members — a Mayor and five Council members who are elected at-large and serve two-year terms. There are no term limits. The Mayor presides at meetings and is recognized as the head of the City government. The Mayor has the right to vote only in the event of a tie but does have veto power. The City Council members elect one member as Mayor Pro Tem to preside over meetings in the Mayor's absence. The Mayor Pro Tem retains the right to vote. Current City Council members are listed below.
All powers of the city are vested in the City Council. Council exercises these powers to ensure the performance of all duties and obligations imposed on the city by law and the city's own Home Rule Charter. The City Council's powers include, but are not limited to:
- Enacting municipal legislation
- Appointing, electing, or removing persons appointed or elected by the Council
- Establishing compensation rates for all city officers
- Creating, changing, or abolishing offices and agencies created by the Charter
- Assigning duties and powers to city officers, departments, and agencies
- Establishing operating policy
- Establishing the city boundaries